4.12.12

Queen Victoria on Louis Napoleon

Elena Maria has posted this link about Queen Victoria's thoughts on her counterpart in France.  Now let me say for the record that I am not a great Napoleono-phile (?)  neither the First nor Second Empire.  It is the period in French history that France and England first learned to play together, which would have far reaching effects in the 20th century.

The most opinionated of English Queens shares her thoughts on Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte:


In reflecting on the character of the present Emperor Napoleon, and the impression I have conceived of it, the following thoughts present themselves to my mind: follow the link for more.

By the way, my mother, grandmother, and great grandmothers are all named Eugenie after the Wife and Empress of Louis-Napoleon. My mother called a halt to this practice in 1962 at the birth of my sister.

Jhesu+Marie
Brantigny



No comments: