26.3.12

I have returned

I am not trying to sound like General MacArthur, just to announce that I have returned from Illinois.

My mother was struck by three strokes 2 weeks ago. My wife and I travelled to Chicago to be near her. When we arrived she had developed complications from a medicine they gave her and could not speak due to her tongue having swelled. She recovered from that and is now in the RIC where she is doing much better. Her left side is much affected but the doctors hope that there will be much improvement and a return to normalcy.

My baby sister is the recipient of many graces for attending to our mother daily and has been at my mother's side continuously these two weeks.

Here is a little bit on how to recognize a stroke,

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) i.e.. It is sunny out today.

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

Another sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

Thanks to all of you who have added prayers for my mother.

Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust all will be well. With caring thoughts and prayers, Valerie.

Brantigny said...

I think so.

Matterhorn said...

I am so sorry about your mother's illness. She is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Richard,

Thank you for the update; I shall continue to pray - got her on my Novina list at present.

Blessings,

Sarah,
Australia.

Brantigny said...

Thanks to all of you so very much. She tryed to say the rosary but she gets so distracted. Australia was my mother's favorite place to go. Especially Cairnes.