10.1.12

For I was hungry...


For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in: Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

There is a problem when in a world as rich in reasources as ours there is starvation.

Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard,

Amen, Amen, AMEN!!!!!!PREACH IT BROTHER!!!!! we must not ignore this!!!! WE CANNOT IGNORE THIS!!!!!!! Too few orthodox Catholic bloggers take up the banner and champion this, fearing, or even believing it smacks of unchecked liberation theology. Rubbish!! it is the command of Christ the King!! It is the twin to revival of sacred liturgy, architecture and music and without it, with the latter only, our Churches are nothing more than 'whitewashed tombs'!!

I throw down the gauntlet raising a call to all orthodox Catholic Christians be they lay, men and women religious, or clergy to act - and not just think 'I'll pray for you' is enough!! IT IS NOT!!.

Several accompanying scriptures

Yours: (in full) matt; 25: 34-40 (it is sobering to read of what Christ the King says of those who do not heed His command here but instead cry 'Lord Lord, we prophesied in your name' etc)
Acts 2: 42-47
James 2: 8-23 (but from v1 to gain the full benefit of God's exhortation here)
and
james 5: 1-6.

And for those that look at themselves and say ;we are not in need of admonishment'...might I recommend

Rev 3: 14-22 (though i can hear the wailing already - 'how dare she call us 'Laodacea'!!

Blessings,

Sarah,
Australia.