24.12.11

Le Fleur de Lys too is Catholic

...And is not incorporated in the Diocese of Detroit.

Archdiocese of Detroit asks Michael Voris to stop using the name ‘Catholic’

DETROIT, Michigan, December 23, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - For many years faithful Catholics have wished that bishops would take strong action to correct the myriad of Catholic persons and entities who, while claiming to be Catholic, act against the faith, especially regarding issues of Catholic morality.

Catholic pro-abortion politicians, Catholic hospitals that perform clandestine abortions and sterilizations; Catholic universities that constantly violate the faith in many ways, Catholic newspapers and magazines that have been challenging Church teachings and authority for years, all come to mind. Now, today, news broke that the Archdiocese of Detroit has called on someone to stop using the name ‘Catholic’ - but it’s not someone who is fighting against the morals or faith of the Catholic Church at all. It is in fact an individual who has devoted the last several years to vigorously defending and promoting authentic Catholic principles – Michael Voris, known best for his hosting of The Vortex on the website RealCatholicTV.com.

In a press release issued December 15 and signed by Communications officer Joe Kohn, the Archdiocese of Detroit states: “The Archdiocese has informed Mr. Voris and Real Catholic TV, RealCatholicTV.com, that it does not regard them as being authorized to use the word ‘Catholic’ to identify or promote their public activities.”
More

My response to the Diocese in Detroit is, "Change your ways or stop using Catholic!" to describe the Diocese of Detroit!

Jhesu+marie,
Brantigny

1 comment:

Peterman said...

Having grown up in Detroit in the 70's and 80's, I am bewildered by this proclamation against Voris. He really must be doing something right to irritate them like this.

I grew up in Detroit during the peak of the implementation of Vatican II. I was born in 1970 so by the time I became coherent the Church of my father's was already long annihilated and replaced with guitar strumming and dove banner hanging. I attended mass every Sunday, Catholic grade school and catechism and what did I learn about the faith? NOTHING. Mission accomplished Vatican II and Diocese of Detroit!

I also remember the family going through some very rough emotional and spiritual trials and where were the sacramentals, the holy sacrifice of the mass and the traditional prayers etc to help our big family? A: They were GONE, eviscerated by a modernist liberal agenda which had exploded over the Church.
I often wonder about those masses in the 70's and 80's with all the abuses, were they valid? Were graces received as they should have been and as we have a right to as Catholics? I doubt it, too many inventions, wooden altar tables, heretical music, bad instruction, etc, etc..

Coming from this environment I knew NOTHING of my faith and fell deep into years of mortal sin until grace inched me along into knowledge of the true faith.

So here we are, years later and a guy about my age (Voris) comes along and I assume he went through many of the same guitar strumming hoo hah masses as I did. I've watched several of his videos closely, I haven't seen anything against the faith and I'm hugely skeptical having watched the meltdown of several EWTN celebrity priests over the years.

Meanwhile the Diocese of Detroit just announced yet another round of Church closings and consolidations. If you ever visit DC you can travel to one of the worst Catholic boondoggles ever, the JPII "Cultural center". This completely WORTHLESS building near the CUA was paid for by the diocese of Detroit to the tune of MILLIONS of dollars. In my mind I see my old mother, attending mass and throwing a check in the basket so it can then be wasted on this monument of Vatican II liberalism?

Archbishop Vigneron, you're new to that diocese so I'm going to enlighten you that souls have been LOST due to the malfeasance of your predecessors. Worry about your diocese, stop concerning yourself with someone who preaches the truth that you yourself should be teaching!