11.5.11

St Hildegard von Bingen

The other night my wife and I watched the film called Vision, from the life of Hildegard von Bingen. All I can say is, what a powerful film. I will not relate any of the movie so that the reader will not be biased. It is thought provoking, and i am wondering why she is so little known in the United States. Pity. She was a remarkable nun, so very much like the sisters who taught me the faith. This film is entirely in German with captions.

I watched it on Netflix Instant Movies for free.

Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

2 comments:

elena maria vidal said...

I saw the film, too, Richard, and enjoyed it very much.

Anita Moore said...

I've heard of her! I've heard of her!

In fact, I have a CD containing recordings of some of her musical compositions. One of these days, I'll have to try my vocal chords at her stuff.