4.10.10

Guardian Angel Prayer

We were never privy to my parents bedroom. It was a room we never were allowed in and never went. I was a sort of mystery. Still today I do not enter into that sactuary with out my mother.

My reason for mentioning this is I do not know what prayers my parents recited before bed. I know the ones that they said with me and my brother and sister before bed, and they are the same that I have taught my children and they have taught their children.

During my late fathers sickness, just prior to his death, my mother literally never left his side for the last six months that he remained with us. "For better or for worse in sickness and in health..." is a vow my parents made in the presentce of each other to God.

Being there sometimes when the end of the day came my mother would lead my father in the following prayer...

Guardian Angel Prayer

Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.


...Happy is the husband of a good wife; the number of his days will be doubled. A loyal wife rejoices her husband, and he will complete his years in peace. A good wife is a great blessing; she will be granted among the blessings of the man who fears the Lord. Whether rich or poor, his heart is glad, and at all times his face is cheerful... Sirach 26:1-4


See Catholic Fire...


Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

No comments: