23.6.10

No martyrs for the faith here...

Cardinal George, And Exactly Why Is This a Secret, Your Eminence?

A spokesman for the U.S. Catholic Bishops has accused Catholic News Agency of fabricating comments by Cardinal George criticizing the Catholic Health Association (CHA) for supporting Obamacare. (The cardinal gave a talk on health care at the bishops' recent meeting in Florida.) You can read the story by clicking on the link here...

More on this article from Les Femmes-The Truth will be found here...

I have experienced this attitude recently as part of my parish's building committee. 4 of 5 members went to the Richmond Diocese to speak to the Diocesan Planning people. It was then that I found that the trip had been somewhat wasted. ...and as far as I could tell the new church could be built ion any way we wanted (which I suppose it could look like a mosque, which seems to be the shape of things. See St Bede's in Williamsburg, all that is missing is the minarets and the replacement of the cross with a crescent and star.)As long as the parish agreed. They could only told us what we already knew except for one remarkable thing. The placement of the Tabernacle. The inferred statement was, "we won't tell you where to put the tabernacle, but it really shouldn't be visible during Mass. This priest stated that the Mass is active while the Tabernacle is only a static display. (I do not remember the statement exactly but that is the gist.) Seriously, I thought the Living Christ was in the Tabernacle. I realized again that our faith was in trouble, and I should be looking to retiring to the Arlington Diocese.

Plausible deniablity. I am sorry to see this more and more. With very few exceptions the Bishops show no leadership. This lack of leadership was reflected in the recent election. By not denouncing the Pro-abortion candidate forcefully they were elected.
We have elected a modern day Caligula. And now we are stuck with people like Biden, Pelosi, and other soi-disant catholycs. No martyrs for the faith here...

That is my deux sous.

Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

2 comments:

Father Gregory said...

Funny. I just put it to a vote of the parish to return the tabernacle to the church after being in the Lady Chapel for about 10 years, and it was OVERWHELMINGLY approved. Except where you live, I think that things are starting to self-correct.

Brantigny said...

I was chosen specifically as a conservative voice. I am quite adamant. I truly was shocked by the lack of direction we were given.