19.1.10

The Sublimity of Monarchism

Any reader who visits this blog will know that I am an unashamed Monarchist. I first realized that God ordains monarchy during an Easter Vigil Mass. It was an epiphany. I saw this today on Durendal and I thought I would pass it on.

"...A monarchy best reflects the heirarchical reality of heaven. When we pray the Pater Noster we say: fiat volúntas tua, sicut in cælo, et in terra (thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven). By this very phrase we pledge our support of monarchism as heaven (the Church Triumphant) is a monarchy with God as the head, just as the Church Militant has the Pope as its monarchical head. It is because of this that I call monarchism sublime...more

My article on the same subject...here

Thanks and a tip of the beret to N.D.C. Wansbutter, Esq. and the staff at Durendal.

Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

2 comments:

Roger Buck said...

Re:

"I first realized that God ordains monarchy during an Easter Vigil Mass. It was an epiphany."

This is very striking and moving.

Have you written about this somewhere? If so, I would like a pointer to the link.

If not, it would be very good to hear, though I appreciate such comments are hard to render in words ...

Brantigny said...

I may have but I can't find it. please see this article,
http://lefleurdelystoo.blogspot.com/2008/09/democracy.html
and look for this Romans 13, 1-7

Richard