28.10.09

The scent of a woman

From the American Monarchist a short theme about the scent worn by the Queen-Martyr...

“It is a superb floral bouquet made with entirely natural products,” she said. “It does not have the tenacity or the amplitude of a modern perfume, but when I tested it, everyone wanted to know what it was and everyone complimented me on it. It unleashes emotions that we no longer know.”

A FRAGRANCE worn by Marie-Antoinette, a woman sometimes described as the world’s first fashion victim, has been re-created by a French perfume-maker for an exhibition at the Palace of Versailles.

The perfume, Sillage de la Reine (In the Queen’s Wake), is likely to be put on a sale by the palace, which has been inundated with requests from people who want to smell like the Austrian-born Queen beheaded during the French Revolution. A thousand flacons are set to be made available at a price of around €1,500 (£1,050) each, with the profits being used to restore Marie-Antoinette’s furniture and objects.

Sillage de la Reine, which can be inhaled during pre-booked tours of the Marie-Anoinette exhibition at Versailles, was made by Francis Kurkdjian, one of France’s most celebrated perfume-makers. It is based on the ingredients and methods used in the late 18th century by Marie-Antoinette’s personnel supplier of fragrances, Jean-Louis Fargeon. more...


This leads me to repeat this which I have told my daughters and wife (she already knew) being, the scent of a woman should be used with restraint in order to draw a man close, as opposed to an excess of scent which repels men like bug repellent to flys...

Dieu le Roy!
Brantigny

2 comments:

Matterhorn said...

That's such a beautiful portrait of her, I love the color of her dress.

Brantigny said...

I think tnat I shall have to post as many portraits of MA as I can find. I know it has been done before but not by me.
Richard