18.9.09

Returned from the Hospital

Only by the Grace of our Saviour am I writing today. About 11:00 PM Sunday night I felt what I can only describe as a really bad heart burn. My chest was tight, and after several attempts at relieving what I thought was indigestion I had my wife call the ambulance.

I live 15 miles from the nearest town. the first responders arrived pretty quick but the Paramedic team tool another 10 minutes of so. I was conscience and so I walked to the ambulance climbed on the gurney and away we went.

In the period, while we awaited the teams I had a short time to make my Act of Contrition, and find my rosary. I mindfully placed my soul at the mercy of God. I Thanked God for not just taking me and affording my the opportunity to get prepared.

My ambulance was diverted from the closest hospital and we were sent the Duke, which has a 24 hour team. I had suffered a MI (myocardial Infarction). The speed at which I arrived allowed a stint to be placed in my arterie which was 100% blocked. I have suffered no heart damage. Truly God was with me.

I thank all who have prayed for me or just remembered me during this time. My healing will be about 4 weeks. While I tire quickly I think I will try and place an article the week. The worst thing that happened to me has been that fact that I found a decent French "Vin Rouge" and now I have to avoid butter!

Special thanks to "ma puce" Genevieve who blogged for me.

Jhesu+Marie, Brantigny

PS this was the hardest article I have ever writen the computer would not co-operate.
too much stress!

6 comments:

Matterhorn said...

Thank God you are safe! I will keep praying for you and your family.

christopher said...

Truly God WAS with you. Wow. I'm sorry to hear this but am heartened to find you're recovering. I'll pray with you in mind tonight.

Anonymous said...

Richard! I have been ill myself and this is the first time I've been back to the computer. I am praying for you and your family.I am so glad that you are recovering. God truly was with you.Marge

Anonymous said...

Richard - hang in there - the fight is not done.

I will pester Heaven for the restoration of your health.

a wee-bit of cognac is good for the ticker

PAX

Mark Amesse said...

May God remain with you and I hope and pray for your speedy recovery.

Mickaelus said...

Je viens juste de prendre connaissance de l'accident cardiaque qui vous est arrivé et je rends grâce à Dieu qu'Il vous ait gardé parmi nous. Soyez assuré que je prierai pour votre prompt et solide rétablissement. Surtout reposez-vous bien et prenez bien soin de vous.

Dieu vous garde et vous protège,

Mickaelus