15.6.09

Father De La Colombiere

I first ran into this Saint in the 80's, (seems so long ago) in a small book entitled "Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness". It was and remains a favorite book. I never have a copy long for I am usually giving them away as soon as I get one. It is the book for prisons.

Getting ready for The Feast of the Sacred Heart, I was looking into Paray-le-Monial, Saint Marguerite-Marie and her confessor, Father De La Colombiere. I happily found that joseph had posted Father De La Colombiere's Prayer . an excerpt is below. How fortunate.

...Let others look to creatures, to wealth and talent for happiness; let them rely on the guiltlessness of their lives, the rigor of their penance, the number of their good works, or the earnestness of their prayers ; for me, Lord, my trust is my very trust itself. That trust in Thee has never, nor will it ever, deceive a soul.. I am therefore assured that I shall enjoy eternal happiness, since I so steadfastly hope for it, and since I look to Thee for it, my God... more

Thanks and a tip of the beret to Joseph.

AMDG,
Jhesu+Marie,
Brantigny

No comments: