16.6.09

Secrets of His Sacred Heart

Byron Bullock who sends me short articles has sent this in preparation for the Feast of the Sacred Heart...

Secrets of His Sacred Heart

Psalm 26 expresses her experience: “Thou hast said, 'Seek thou my Face.’ My heart says to Thee, 'Thy Face, O Lord, do I seek’” (Ps 26:8). That one verse expresses the exchange underlying every call to intimacy with Christ. He says, “Seek thou my Face.” I respond, “Thy Face, O Lord, do I seek.” One who perseveres in seeking the Face of Christ is brought ineluctably to knowledge of the secrets of His Sacred Heart.

The Face and the Heart

The Face of Jesus Crucified, perceived in a shocking flash of beauty and of love, impressed Itself upon Lutgarde’s heart. She began to live “hidden in the secret of the Face of the Lord” (cf. Ps 30:21). Psalm 30 contains, in effect, two promises that have given hope to monastics down through the ages: “Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy Face. . . . Thou shalt protect them in Thy tabernacle” (Ps 30:21). For Lutgarde, it became clear that she was to live hidden in the Face of Christ and to lodge in the tabernacle of His pierced Heart.

Draw Me to Thy Piercèd Side

Thanks Byron, and a tip of the beret to you once again!

The original may be found at Vultus Christe...

Jhesu + Marie,
Brantigny

No comments: