1.5.09

The new shoes...

At first I was going to put this on my other blog, but since this is the kind of thing Marie-Antoinette was accused of without cause I thought I would post it here.

I think this is in, well, absolutely bad taste, while the sneekers do come from France (that in itslf shows style) all I can think of is these must be her worst pair of shoes, so she wore them. A callous man might compare her to Emelda Marcos, but I won't.

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!
BY Amy Diluna

DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 9:25 AM
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.

The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.


Not to M.OB... Jackie Kennedy would not have worn jeans outside let alone sneekers at a food bank.

Jhesu+Marie
Brantigny

No comments: