22.5.09

My newest grandbaby's progress

The latest missive from Genevieve and David. Genny writes...

...I am officially into my second trimester today! YAY!!!! 3 months down, 6 months to go before we meet Lumpkin!According to the pregnancy website, this week's big developments are that the baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb. He/She has brain impulses that are making his/her face muscles get a workout and he is making little faces... His kidneys are supposed to be working now and he or she might be sucking his/her thumb. The baby probably measures 3 1/2 inches and probably weighs 1 1/2 ounces according to the website. I looked at the "what your baby looks like" development chart,and Lumpkin probably already looks like his/her mommy or daddy. I am definitely into maternity clothes, and David is getting more excited now that I'm looking more pregnant. I keep asking him if I look fat and he says, "No, you look pregnant!" So far coffee smells terrible to me even though I have been getting sick less. I have noticed that I'm not as patient as I could be, and am a little more moody than seems rational. David has been really understanding and has been very patient with me. Poor Guy! I know he is going to be a good daddy and that he's going to be a great coach in the delivery room!...

In a related story, we all may remember this photo, of an unborn gripping the doctors hand during an operation(1)...That baby, Samuel Alexander Armas, was born on December 2, 1999.

Here is what he looks like today...

Samuel's mother chose Life...

May is the month of the Virgin Mary, who is the example of all mothers, every where...

Dieu le Roy.
Brantigny

(1). The pro-abortion side has done their best to portray this as simply a reflex by the unborn baby and not the baby reaching out of the womb to take the doctors hand. My opinioon is this, this baby held the hand of the doctor, reflexive or not, it was the functioning brain of a baby, who made this happen. Life exists in the womb.

No comments: