30.4.09

Mass rant


It is of no small bit of amazement to me that in the new design of parishes, the tabernacle is secreted away, as though Christ must be hidden from the soldiers.

It shows a lack of respect and of disbelief for the true presence of Christ that He must be hidden away from the faithful. I will be ranting here, sorry, but this needs to come out of me, I had a bad experience yesterday.

Ever ask someone why they kneel when the come into Church? I bet you will find that 5 out of 10 will say to the altar, or the cross. They continue to kneel even though the Eucharist is in another room. I have seen these things.

Is it no wonder that the youth in our churches, and colleges have no respect for the Eucharist...that the crowds in the church laugh and talk?..that the faithful(?) arrive to worship dressed in short pants and an AC/DC t-Shirt chewing gum, on their way to the beach? ...that youtube has desecration of the Euchrist?

Although I like the Novus Ordo, because it requires the Church to teach the entire Bible over a period of 3 years, I am so tired of the ad lib-ing of the Mass. I just do not understand this, "say the black and do the red". Get with it. How hard can it be? It is not a performance... "Today's Mass will be performed by Father... and the St ... Dancers!"

It does not take 68 people in the Sanctuary to communicate the faithful. If there are 2 or more celebrants, it is enough! "Well we don't want the mass to go on forever." Yes I do. I find that I sin less when I am in the Presence of Christ. I don't play golf, or watch baseball or tennis. Believe me when I say the grass can grow. It will wait.

Ok done now.

Jhesu+Marie
Brantigny

I begin every new Catechims Class by asking the same question, multiple choice...

The Eucharist represents...

(a) Jesus
(b) the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ
(c) both of the above
(d) none of the above

You have to read the comments for the answer...

1 comment:

de Brantigny........................ said...

The correct answer is (d) none of the above. The Eucharist does not REPRESENT anything it IS the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ!

Vivate Christus Rex!
Brantigny