11.3.09

You've come along way baby...


Once there was a woman named Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel called Coco. She is listed as one of the top 100 influential women of the 20th century. She once wrote in Harper's Bazaar that "simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance." Her fashion sense remains one which I favor. Simple yet elegant.

Unfortunately that creed has been forgotten. Now I wouldn't normally write about woman's fashion in a period after 1870 but I have to make an exception. While perusing a Chinese web site I came across an article about the British designer Alexander McQueen. Pictured below are some of his "creations" (I use that term guardedly). Well, I will let you decide...


Decidedly a hub cap complete with lug nuts!



If it rains she is ready.


I think the lips are painted to insure all the attention is drawn away from the outfit.


Vampire on steroids?

This guy gets the big bucks for this. Evidently his coterie of haute couture includes the Three Stooges...

You have come along way baby.

Brantigny

6 comments:

Genevieve said...

That's pretty gross!!!

de Brantigny........................ said...

Yes, now you understand why Mom and I made you wear conservative clothes...
Papa

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard!
I saw more of these photos yesterday. They are hideous and straight from Hell. I believe the "designer" of this line really hates women. Marge

de Brantigny........................ said...

They are loking manic to me. he is exploting bad taste. Or as I say the only taste he has is in his mouth.
Richard

tubbs said...

THANKS

I needed the Stooges this morning!!
Question: why are the Three Stooges such a guy thing? I mean, they're even on Spike TV.

de Brantigny........................ said...

NYUK, NYUK, NYUK.

The three stooges are a guy thing because that is how we acted when we were 12, 13, 14, and 15. Then we discovered girls and had to act like we had sense. (except in private). Une Aide Memoire.

Richard