30.3.09

They That Hold Her Fast Shall Inherit Life -Ecclus. 4:14

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Durandal has posted an excellent article about the most simple of all devotions, that to the Blessed Virgin. A 1 minute prayer recited daily is protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. When my daughter at 4, would have intense nightmares to the point that I believed her to be tormented by an evil force I told her to recite a Hail Mary and sleep with her Rosary around her wrist the nightmares ceased. This is the Prayer that children should be taught first after the Glory Be...

I fly to my Mother, Virgin of Virgins,
Pray for me O Holy Mother of God.

Jhesu+Marie
Brantigny

No comments: