14.1.09

Albert I & the Sacred Heart

...I have already posted on the piety of Albert I, King of the Belgians. There is a remarkable account of Albert's meeting with Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey, the famous preacher of devotion and reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, during the priest's visit to Belgium in 1922. This is how Father Mateo describes his audience with the King in Brussels:... more

A series of 486 photos of the Belgian Royal Family may be viewed here...
And more,...here you will see photo albums of the Ancient Royal families of Europe

Merci Oiseau-mouche!

Dieu le Roy,
de Brantigny

2 comments:

hummingbird said...

Thanks for linking to my post!

Those photos are really great, aren't they? One thing I like about studying modern historical figures is that you can see actual photos of them. Although it's a pity that the art of painted portraiture is in a decline, probably because of photography.

de Brantigny........................ said...

Truly, I force my slef to remember that as soon as the picture was taken they WALKED away... So often I think one believes that these individuals are frozen in time.

RB