12.12.08

Madame Adélaïde, Daughter of Louis XV

Allow me to redirect my readers to Catherine delors and her continuing history of the family of Louis XV, "le Bien-Aimé" "The Good Friend" which was something of a misnomer, but that is not for now... Catherine relates,

...No, I hadn't forgotten my series about the daughters of Louis XV. If you look at my sidebar, you will see that I added a heading to that effect there, just below Marie-Antoinette and the other Queens of France (the étiquette must be observed on this blog.)

So after the twins Madame Elisabeth and Madame Henriette, Louis XV and Marie Leszczynska had another daughter, Marie-Louise, and two sons, Louis-Ferdinand and Philippe. Marie-Louise and Philippe both died in childhood, an all too commonplace tragedy at the time. Louis-Ferdinand, the eagerly awaited Dauphin, would be the father of the future Louis XVI.

The next royal daughter to survive to adulthood was Marie-Adélaïde, born in 1732, five years after her elder twin sisters. She was Queen Marie Leszczynska's sixth child in five years... more...

Thanks Catherine,

Dieu Le Roy,
de Brantigny

2 comments:

Catherine Delors said...

You are most welcome, Richard. As for Louis XV, the "bien-aime" he did deserve that name for the first years of his reign. And if anything, he was attached to his daughters.

de Brantigny........................ said...

Most fathers are attached to their daughters, it is true. Le bien-amie did however learn to love War as Louis XIV did, "I have Loved war too much"...

The last king to lead his men in the field. He is the king my comrades and I cheer when chasing the "angees" through the woods...

But that is a different story...

Vive Le Roy!
Richard