28.10.08

Madame Déficit

I have been gone for a few days. Work has been my first priority, and my wife and I went to a gathering of her clan this weekend at the Waxhaws Scottish Highland Games over the weekend so my blogging has been absent. Of course just because I couldn't get to a computer doesn't mean that some good article weren't published. My first redirect is from Elena-Maria on a scandalous calumny spread about Marie-Antoinette. The parallels between Marie-Antoinette and Sarah Palin become clearer to me. Not to say Sarah is equal to Marie-Antoinette, but the Jacobin left has really not changed the game plan since 1789.

Marie-Antoinette has become the symbol of extravagance and decadence of the ancien-régime. It is overlooked that from the moment of their succession in 1774, she joined her husband in desiring to cut back on the enormous expenses of the court. She refused to collect the customary droit de ceinture tax levied on behalf of the queen at the beginning of every reign. Moreover, her charities were quite extensive. more...

I have said this before and I will repeat myself, in all of the portraits of la Reine-Martyre one is hard pressed to find these jewels she was supposed to be in possession of.

Thanks again to Elena-Maria, remerci!

Dieu Le Roy!
de Brantigny

1 comment:

elena maria vidal said...

De rien, Monsieur. I agree, in most of her portraits she is wearing very few jewels, especially compared to those of other royal ladies.