2.9.08

Model of a Christian daughter is my wife.

Happy the husband of a good wife, twice-lengthened are his days; A worthy wife brings joy to her husband, peaceful and full is his life. A good wife is a generous gift bestowed upon him who fears the LORD; Be he rich or poor, his heart is content, and a smile is ever on his face.... Sirach 26: 1-4

I am sorry for posting so sporadically last month. I fear this month will fair little better. It seems God has blessed us with travail. But this is not about us, it is about my wife. My wife, Suzanne has grown in grace by her attentiveness to our parents during these difficult last few weeks. This posting is a way to say thank you to her.

Our parents are seriously ill. My father with a cancerous tumor on his brain, which has depleted his vitality and focus, her mother who suffers from a bad heart, and lungs, and her father who himself entered the hospital for losing consciousness because his heart wasn't beating fast enough to get blood to his brain.

Through out all this my wife has been there for each one, giving of herself, steadfastly ministering to their ills and by her very presence lives up to the Gospel of St. Matthew, Chapter 25, which says, 39...when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? 40. And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me. I know it has been tough on her, I have watched her, she does not complain, she is not bitter, she acts cheerfully and willfully. She has done these things not out of duty, but out of Love.

Sometimes I think God presents us with troubles, not to test us, but to give us the opportunity to become an example of our Christian Faith. I would say she has lived the Faith.

Thank you Suzy,
Richard

4 comments:

Mathieu Palardy said...

Monsieur de Brantigny,

I just wanted to send along this brief letter to thank you for the information and insights posted on your blog.

Being of French blood myself, by way of Québec, and a direct descendant of Jacques d’Arc (and thus many-times-great-grandnephew of La Pucelle), I am profoundly aware of our great nation’s glorious role in history, of her preservation and promotion of the faith as eldest daughter of the Church, of her heroic warriors and saints, of her culture that is the envy of the world, of the exalted position of His Most Christian Majesty. My surname being Vendéen, I am likewise painfully aware of the tragedy by which she fell, and that even her finest moments since then are but pale shadows of her past eminence.

Likewise a faithful son of Holy Church, I rejoice that she is the living patrimony of Jesus Christ, God Himself incarnate, with two millennia of arts, music, learning, holy saints, noble leaders, and courageous martyrs, transcending all national and cultural barriers, in whose bosom our French culture was born, as well as the beautiful cultures of our great sister nations throughout Christendom.

Thus, Monsieur, it horrifies me to see so many, from whatever Christian nation, cleric and layman alike, trading their heritage for the bland and lifeless pottage of philistine Whiggery.

Thank you for reminding us of who we are—and of who we are meant to be.

Je me souviens.

Vive le Roy,
Mathieu Palardy

de Brantigny said...

Mathieu, I remember as well. I thank you for your kind letter. I Pray that this blog will always be mindful of our dear France, First Daughter of the Church..

Une Foi, un Roi, une France.

de Brantigny

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

A lovely post. I am sorry for all that you and your wife have been going through.

Do you know about Gerson Therapy? It is a natural therapy based on detoxification and hypernutrition. The therapy was developed by Dr. Max Gerson, a German physician, over 50 years ago, and has had an excellent success rate with cancer, heart disease, and numerous other degenerative conditions.

My own grandmother had terminal cancer and was cured by using Gerson Therapy. She died many years later of old age.

You can learn more about the therapy at www.gerson.org, the website of the Gerson Institute in San Diego. There is also a Gerson Research Institute, which undertakes scientific research on the therapy and why it works.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know about it.

Best wishes,

Mary

de Brantigny said...

Thanks I will look it up.
Madame has really caused me to admire her more.

I let her read it before bed last night. I waned her to know ho much I appreciated her.

Richard