17.1.08

On Rewriting History

I found this on the Monarchist...


"Over the last few years I have become aware of the phrase "History Wars", which seems to be a serious attempt by the Politically Correct brigade to reinterpret, and in some cases completely rewrite, history.

As we approach the anniversary of the regicide of that glorious saint and King – Charles I, it is a good time to look at one of the most shameful rewritings of history I have ever seen (up there with the holocaust deniers). Mr. Geoffrey Robertson's book "The Tyrannicide Brief", the basic argument of which is to say that the illegal trial and execution of King Charles I was the first time the people put on trial a tyrant and then set about establishing a utopian new society under Oliver Cromwell."
more

...and more on The Right of Reply The King Never Had

No comments: