22.10.07

Redux: Harry Potter

Yesterday must have been a slow news day.

When I was young I remember the disk jockeys breaking Beatles records because John said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Oh how times have changed...

The last time I wrote about Harry Potter I was roundly abused. I remember statements to me like, "No! It's the story about good versus evil." I replied then and I reiterate, the Harry Potter books are intrinsically evil as are the Harry Potter movies. They portray life through the eyes of witches and wizards. They say everything will be fine as long as we can use magic. In a word the God factor is factored out... And so today, I add the following to my blog;

NEW YORK (AP) -- Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay.

Dumbledore, played by Michael Gambon, was in love with his male rival, the author of Harry Potter books says.

J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall. After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause. (What!,?)

Questions to ask yourself when purchasing a Harry Potter book..

If Dumbledore is a homosexual and is a good guy then, there must be nothing abnormal about it is there, right?

If a headmaster or school principle is homosexual should I be worried about what my kids are taught in that school?

What is the author's motive for portraying a homosexual in books, which on the 1st day of each day of publication sale cause people, many of which are young children, to line up for days for a copy?

Is this what I want my children and granchildren to read?

Is it only a book, with a good story line?

The Summa defines scandal

No comments: