16.10.07

Forgiveness of Marie-Antoinette


"Then came Peter unto him and said: Lord, how often shall my brother offend against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times? Jesus saith to him: I say not to thee, till seven times; but till seventy times seven times." Matt 18; 21-22, Douay-Rheims Bible

As Jesus forgave from the Cross we as Christians as a fundimental part of our faith are instruced to forgive our enemies, Elena Maria Vidal's post shows this clearly in far fewer words than I...

...Marie-Antoinette's forgiveness has an especially supernatural aura. When the queen wrote her last letter to her sister-in-law, she was hours away from death. She had been put through the ordeal of a humiliating trial, designed to break her will. Her little son had been dragged from her arms and tormented into accusing his own mother of unnatural crimes. That Marie-Antoinette was able to forgive the monsters who had tried to destroy her by corrupting her little boy surely required a special grace from God. Here are her words:

I beg pardon of all whom I know, and especially of you, my sister, for all the vexations which, without intending it, I may have caused you. I pardon all my enemies the evils that they have done me...


Forgivness is a choice.

Posted by elena maria vidal on Tea at Trianon

No comments: